Increment Sketch

I was having a conversation recently with someone about how “no one sketches anymore”.  I find that hard to believe . . . maybe people have different ideas of what sketching is.  There’s probably a range of “notes”, “drawing”, “doodle”,  “throw away model”, and “draft” that fits inside the idea of sketching.  While I don’t find my own sketches particularly beautiful,  they are usually essential to the process of making just about anything.  I don’t think I’ve ever succeeded in making any kind of reasonably complex parametric model without some amount of paper and pencil foundation work.

Here’s some stuff I was thinking about getting ready for this post on incrementing.

incrementSketchs

Comments

  1. I would argue that you should never start a complicated modeling / scripting procedure without sketching it first, and Ben Fry and Casey Reas agree with me:

    http://processing.org/learning/anatomy/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment