New Samples and updated documentation
While we are very psyched to have some time with folks at AU to talk about design computation, we've also prepared some new documentations for those who can't make it out to Vegas. Our written tutorial has been in need of an update for some time. Now called Dynamo Visual Programming for Design (previously Programming for non-programmers), we have revised a number of the existing tutorials, but also have brand new sections on Lists, Color, and Data Interop. We have also done some cleanup and expansion of the samples that are available in the Help, Samples dropdown menu. In particular, we have more datasets around lists, color, data import/export, and file sharing (Package Manager). If you have been hesitant to get involved in Dynamo in the past, start with these documents and we'll have you up and running in no time.
Knowing what you are making and seeing the relationship between nodes and data is supremely important. With Dynamo working on top of Revit, there is a distinction between making geometry and making Revit elements. By visualizing any geometric entity in the background of your Dynamo canvas, we are hoping to make the distinction more fluid, but it also gives us the opportunity to increase the quality of the information. For instance, selecting nodes highlights the geometry that is created, and selecting the geometry highlights the nodes that created it. We are going to continue to expand how we handle this sort of information and welcome your feedback on what works and what doesn't.
- Increased speed of display
- Background Preview elements highlight when nodes are selected
- Selection of Solids in background highlights nodes
- Resizable Watch 3d windows
- Point and Curve numbering available in node right click "Show Label"
- More forgiving inputs for Solid Geometry creation
- Solid Primitives: Boxes, Cylinder, Sphere, Torus
- extraction of Data from Revit elements. Use Get Family Location to get single origin location from regular families and all placement points from panels and adaptive components.
- XYZ and Vector improvements: Normalize, Dot product, components, polar and spherical coordinates. Extract Transform Basis for x, y, and z vector components. XYZ by distance offset from origin.
- Curve Plane Intersection
- transform origin node
- plane from reference plane.
- line by start point direction and length
General User Interface and Navigation improvements
- Drag and Drop dyn files into canvas to open
- Mouse-less navigation
- No limit to the size of canvas
- Preview data bubbles on nodes
- Browser reorganization
- Search Improvements
Other new nodes and node enhancements
- List handling. Most nodes now can take lists and lists of lists. In the past, many nodes needed data to be flattened. Now nodes will inspect their input and automatically dig deeper into the contents to find the data they need.
RaaS - Cloud based Daylighting Analysis. More on this later, but we now how the infrastructure to execute cloud based daylighting analysis, retrieve the data and drive it back into the model.
- Added an interval node to Web Request
- Equal can now compare all data types
- Updates to Arduino. Use delimiter instead of new lines.
- Get Family Location now takes single origin and multi-pick placement families
- Asin, Acos, Atan
- Wall and Floor Creation nodes. WARNING! Recreated, not modified on change.
- integer slider
- STL export (from file menu)
- Default values added to many nodes
- Separate nodes for solid boolean operations
I know what I am doing for the holidays!ReplyDelete